A concerned mum has issued a warning after her three-year-old daughter ended up in A&E with severe burns which were caused by Aldi gel washing machine tablets.
1 Emma Shone …
Emma Shone, from Manchester, said that her toddler Willow ended up in A&E with severe burns after she managed to get hold of an Almat bio liquid sachet and it burst in her hands.
On Facebook, the mum wrote: “I wanted to share an experience that I hope none of you ever have to go through but it’s to share the warning as I didn’t know the dangers before this happened along with a lot of my personal friends and family.
“Washing machine gel tablets!!
“My 3 year old daughter managed to get hold of one from the utility room and burst it in her hands.
“I immediately undressed her and cleaned her up however we must have missed a very small amount.”
Immediately, Emma took her little girl to the A&E department and they were transferred over to the local burns unit at the children’s hospital.
She added: “We were admitted overnight whilst they treated the burn and we will be seen as an outpatient for new dressings.
“Please, please be aware of these tablets. I knew they posed a risk but thought that was if they ate them not if they got the liquid on their skin.
“Such a small thing can cause this much damage and pain.”
2 Emma said …
Emma said she had purchased the Almat bio liquid tablets when shopping at her local Aldi supermarket.
An Aldi spokesperson said: “We would urge parents to keep washing products out of reach of children, in line with guidance on the packaging. We wish Willow a speedy recovery.”
Meanwhile, a mum was left horrifed when shopping at Iceland, as she found that she was covered in human poo when reaching for the chicken nuggets in the freezer. She was then left baffled when the staff offered her a box of Lindor chocolate balls as a gesture of goodwill.